Fast Red Tablets Chromogen Kit
Red Tablet Chromagen
Alkaline Phosphatase based immunostaining systems are gaining wide acceptance among anatomical pathologist because of their relatively high signal to noise ratio. Fast-Red/Napthol AS-Mx, the binary chromogenic substrate for alkaline phosphatase, is the most commonly used substrate chromogen. Napthol AS-Mx acts as the substrate for alkaline phosphatase, and the Fast Red chromogen precipitates at the enzymatic sites producing a vibrant pink color.Slides should be counterstained with Biømeda Aqueous Hematoxylin (Cat. No. M10) and mounted in Crystal/Mount (Cat. No. M02). Fast Red is not compatible with organic solvents.
Refrigerate at 4°C. Do not freeze.
Working Chromogen Preparation: Remove the Fast Red Chromogen kit from the refrigerator 20 minutes before the preparation of the working chromogen solution. This will minimize the condensation of ambient water on the tablets during handling.
1. Transfer 5 mL of distilled water into supplied plastic bottle.
2. Add 2 drops of Concentrated Buffer Reagent. Mix.
3. Add one Chromogen tablet. Allow tablet to dissolve for approximately 1 minute with occasional mixing. Secure the cap of the bottle containing the unused tablets and return it to the original plastic box.
4. After tablet dissolves, add one drop of Concentrated Substrate. Mix well.
5. Apply this solution to the specimens.
6. Incubate for 15 minutes at room temperature. Wash specimens with distilled water and proceed with the counterstaining steps.
Use the working chromogen solution within 2 hours from the time of the addition of the tablet. Discard unused reagent according to local and state regulations.
Avoid contact with skin and clothes.