bcl-X has two isoforms, bcl-XL (long) a 241 amino acid protein and bcl-XS (short) a 178 amino acid protein lacking a 63 amino acid domain that is well conserved among members of the bcl-2 family. bcl-x reacts with both bcl-X S and Bcl-X L proteins.
- Flow Cytometry
- Immunoprecipitation (Native verified)(Use Protein A) (Ab at 2µg/mg protein lysate)
- Western Blotting (Not optimum)
- Immunohistology (Formalin/paraffin)(Use Ab 2-4µg/ml for 30 min at RT)
- Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
-THE OPTIMAL DILUTION SHOULD BE DETERMINED BY THE INDIVIDUAL LAB.
A synthetic peptide, aa 3-14 (Cys-QSNRELVVDFLS) of human Bcl-X protein. This amino acid sequence is shared by human and murine bcl-X protein.
Cell Membrane, Cytoplasmic, Nuclear
Human, Mouse, Rat, and Pig. Others not tested.
Recommended Positive Control:
200ug/ml antibody purified from the ascites fluid by Protein A chromatography. Prepared in 10mM PBS, pH 7.4, with 0.2% BSA and 0.09% sodium azide. Also available without BSA and azide at 1mg/ml.
Refrigerate at 4°C. Do not freeze.
1. Hsu YT, et. al. J Bio Chem, 1997, 272:13829-34.
2. Hsu YT, et. al. PNAS USA, 1997, 94(8):3668-72.
3. Wolter KG, et. al. J Cell Bio, 1997, 139(5):1281-92.