Actin, Muscle - Dehydrated
Recognizes a 42 kD protein alpha and gamma actin from skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscle cells but is non-reactive with beta isomers. This antibody also recognizes myocardial, skeletal and smooth muscle cells, as well as, myoepithelial cells, pericytes of small vessels. All other non-muscle cells are negative.
BALB/C mice were immunized with SDS extracted protein fraction of Human Myocardium.
The biømeda K001 is supplied in two screw cap microtubes, labeled A and B. Tube A, which has an orange cap, contains 0.5 mL of dehydrated antibody reconstitution buffer. Tube B, which has a blue cap, contains the dehydrated concentrated monoclonal antibody. The light green color is the combination of No. 1 blue and No. 5 yellow food dyes; it serves as an indicator for the reconstitution procedure.
Do not dilute the entire reconsituted solution at once. Withdraw aliquots as needed with a micropipette and keep concentrated stock at 4°C. Dilute according to the particular application being used.
In general, the 0.05M Borate pH 8.0 containing 0.15M Sodium Chloride, 0.05% Sodium Azide, is a good dilutent to use with most antibodies. When diluting for Immunohistochemistry, ELISA, or Western Blot, make the dilution in Primary Antibody Diluting Buffer (Cat. No. M35). Avoid diluting the entire contents of the vial at once since the diluted solution may have reduced stability.
Prolonged fixation in buffered formalin can destroy the epitope. The antibody may be used at a dilution of 1:10 to 1:20 with AutoProbe III (Cat. No. 08-803). It is recommended that this product be used on frozen tissue sections or specimens. The optimal conditions should be determined by the individual laboratory.
This antibody is compatible with the following biømeda staining kits: AutoProbe III Wide Spectrum Universal Staining kits (Cat. No. 08-803, 08-804X), HistoScan Monoclonal Detector (Cat. No. 06-601, 06-601A and 06-601F.). BiøStain Super ABC Mouse/Rat kits (Cat. No. 11-002 and 11-002A), UltraProbe High Sensitivity Staining kits (Cat. 09-900, 09-901, 09-901X), Lab/Probe Mouse/Rabbit kits (Cat. No. 10-101 and 10-102) andAutoProbe II Universal kits (Cat. No. 08-801 and 08-802X).
Refrigerate at 4°C. Do not freeze.
1. Tsukada T, et al. HHF35, a muscle-actin-specific monoclonal antibody: I. Immunocytochemical and biochemical characterization. Amer J Pathol 126, 51, 1987.
2. Tsukada T, et al. HHF35, a muscle actin-specific monoclonal antibody. II. Reactivity in normal reactive, and neoplastic human tissues. Amer J Pathol 127, 389, 1987.
3. Miettinen, M. Antibody specific to muscle actins in the diagnosis and classification of soft tissue tumors. Amer J Pathol 130, 205, 1988.
4. Schmidt R, et al. Diagnosis of rhabdomyosarcoma with HHF35, a monoclonal antibody directed against muscle actins. Amer J Pathol 131, 19, 1988.
5. Carlos Martin-Cordova, et. al., Journal of Histotechnology, 19:109, 1996